You will build on the subjects you have studied on the CPCAB Award and Certificate in Counseling courses which are both at Level 2. You will also need experience of one-to-one working.
You will already have acquired some counseling skills and this Level 3 course gives you the opportunity to continue your training.
This course will not teach you to be a counselor but it will prepare you to undertake workplace experience as a trainee counselor.
You will learn:
1. preparing to work within an ethical framework for counseling
2. understanding the counseling relationship
3. understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathetic understanding
4. work within a user-centered approach to counseling
5. use counseling theory to develop self-awareness in counseling practice
6. understand the theories of counseling and mental health
7. use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counseling studies.